Menstrual Pain vs Ovulation Pain - Healthy Living on Shine

Menstrual Pain vs Ovulation Painuser * by taleayahjohnson, on Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:17pm PDT * 2 Comments * Post a Comment * Read More from This Author » * Report AbuseAs women, at some point in time we have all experienced the monthly cramping, bloating, headaches, and changing moods associated with our menstrual cycle. This uncomfortable time of the month has transcended through biblical times to modern times, and undoubtedly will forever remain with man-kind. It is something that women endure and unfortunately there is little to nothing we can do about it. However, consider if you had a similar pain 14 days after your menstrual cycle but without “Aunt Flow”. This is called Mittelschmerz, which is a medical term used to describe mid-cycle pain or ovulation pain. Ovulation pain! When did ovulating become painful? Well, there are a few of us who experience this every month or intermittently. The pain is often intense, sharp, and lasts for hours. Eventually, it does subside and reduce to a dull nagging pain in your side where your ovaries are located. Personally, I thought I was dying, but that’s just my hypochondriac personality. Interestingly, I had never heard of such a pain from my mother, aunts, friends or anyone for that matter. However, I have always had the pain for as long as I can remember. Some months are more intense than others, while some months I do not have it at all. It was something that I could not describe as a young teen or perhaps I was not as in tune with my body as I am today to accurately describe. It was something that I could not immediately go see a doctor about, because generally by the time I got an appointment and examined, the pain was gone. So, I suffered for years in silence.I am ringing the alarm for the other 20% of women and young women who may also suffer from ovulation pain. Talk to your doctor, and describe the pain as accurately as possible. He or she will be able to better assess your issue and determine whether it is mittelschmerz or something more or less severe. For more information: http://women.webmd.com/mittelschmerz
Menstrual Pain vs Ovulation Pain - Healthy Living on Shine
Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

    Wow congratulation Great Post KEEP IT UP
    This post very use full for every person Thank you very much
    With regards
    Sammy
    Home Check Ovulation Kit
    You can find me by searching on Google HOME CHECK or check my profile

     

Post a Comment